Description and Composition of Calcimax Tablets
Calcimax is a drug that contains minerals and vitamins as its active pharmaceutical ingredients. Calcimax comes in tablets and Syrup dosage forms. The Syrup dosage form is specially formulated for children and adults who may find it difficult to take tablets.
For Therapeutic Use, each uncoated tablet of Calcimax contains:
- Calcium Carbonate I.P. equivalent to elemental Calcium 300 mg
- Magnesium Hydroxide I.P. equivalent to elemental Magnesium 100 mg
- Zinc Sulphate Monohydrate U.S.P equivalent to elemental Zinc 4 mg
- Vitamin D3 I.P (as stabilized) 200 IU
- Excipients: sufficient quantities
- Colour: Sunset yellow FCF
- Appropriate overages of vitamin added.
Indications and Uses of Calcimax Tablets
Calcimax is a modern scientific formulation of Calcium with Magnesium, Zinc and Vitamin D3. Calcium plays a crucial role in skeletal growth and maintenance of muscle and nerve function. Calcium deficiency in childhood affects the development of teeth and bones. In adults, it results in weakening of the bones, frequent fractures and joint pains. Bone reaches its peak mass at about 35 years of age and declines thereafter with thinning and weakening of the skeleton. Bone loss sets in with the advancing age but is particularly accelerated in women after the menopause.There is an increased need for Calcium during adolescent growth and in old age. It is particularly vital for pregnant and lactating ladies and women around menopause.
Pharmacological Action of Calcimax
Calcium and Magnesium balance is most important for the effective utilization of Calcium and in preventing the formation of calcium oxalate stones. Vitamin D3 and Zinc are essential for optimum absorption and normal metabolism of calcium in the body.
Contraindications of Calcimax
Calcimax Tablet is a contraindicated in following conditions: Allergic reactions, Hypersensitivity. High calcium levels, Higher than normal levels of calcium in urine Hypercalcemia, Hypophosphatemia, Kidney problems, Kidney stones, Organ transplant, Overactive parathyroid gland, Parathyroid disease, Renal calcul, Sarcoidosis. Thinning or weakening of bones, Tuberculosis.
Precaution and Warning
- Patient should seek doctors advice before taking Calcimax in case of Breastfeeding
- Consult your doctor in case of allergies, diarrhea, stomach or intestinal problems, heart disease, hypercalciuria, hyperparathyroidism, sarcoidosis renal impairment, hypercalcaemia-associated disease.
- Do not give injectable form of calcium to children.
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to it.
- Patient should seek doctors’ advice in case of Elderly people.
- Patient should seek doctors’ advice in case of diabetes, intestinal disease, heart disease or kidney disease.
- Patient should seek doctors advice before taking Calcimax in case of Pregnancy
Side Effects of Calcimax
- Upset stomach or throwing up.
- Hard stools (constipation).
- Loose stools (diarrhea).
Dosage of Calcimax
Tablets for oral administration: one tablet of Calcimax to be taken 2 to 3 times a day preferably before meals or as prescribed by the Physician.
How to Store Calcimax
Store below 30°C, at a dry place. Protect from light. Keep medicines out of reach of children.