Facial treatment for men, also called macials, is a great aesthetic procedure done on men to improve their looks, facial skin health. It is a skin routine for men who know the importance of good looking and health skin.
You will agree with us that the skin tells people about us. A healthy looking person can easily be identified by the way his skin looks. This is also true for someone who’s not healthy.
What is facial treatment for men?
Facial treatment is more common among women. This could be the reason this question is actually raised, as most men don’t go for facials.
Just like as in women, facial treatment for men is a make up done on men’s faces to beautify them and make them healthier without acnes, pimples, and blemishes.
Importance of men’s facials
The overall goal of men’s facials is to make them look more handsome, healthier without acnes, pimples and blemishes.
Yes, periodic facial treatments make men look more handsome as it prevent breakouts, cure acnes and pimples, and exfoliate dry and dead skin cells.
Available facial treatments for men
There are different types of facial treatments available for men. A good facial treatment option will be selected for you depending on what you, as a man, wants to achieve or your skin type.
For instance, Botox injections treatment will be selected for you if your goal is to reduce or eliminate rinks on your face.
Apart from Botox injections treatment, other available facial treatment options for men include:
- Facial treatment for acne removal: Some persons simply call this acne facial and it is done to help on the treatment of acne. Apart from this facial, standard treatment guidelines for acne treatment should be followed.
- Anti-Aging Facial: this is a facial treatment geared towards removing toxins, dead skins cells, opening clogged up skins to make it look new. Anti-Aging agents like glycolic acid, collagen-infused serums, and hyaluronic acid are employed during this treatment.
- Deep Cleansing Facial
- Exfoliating Facial: this is a treatment designed to remove dry and dead skins cells to allow for new ones.
- Oxygen facial: this is a special type of facial believed to make the skin to be well Oxygenated. We, at DrugStocker totally don’t agree with this, (that a facial treatment would improve skin Oxygenation) but it’s a type of facial treatment for men out there.
Processes of facial treatment for men
Facials for men is better done by professionals who know what it entails. There are processes to be followed to achieve a good outcome when administering a facial treatment to men.
For men heavily beared men, who may want to shave before their facials, it is better to shave a day before your facials.
The processes of men’s facials include the following steps:
- Cleansing: this is the first step during facial treatment. Special cleansing substances are used to clean the face before an exfoliating agents are brought in for the second step.
- Exfoliating: in this step, through the help of an exfoliating agents, dry and dead skins cells are removed.
- Steaming: steaming helps to open us skin pores. This is a very important step in facial treatment for men. It prepares the skin for the next step which is Anti-Aging mask application. Without steaming, the absorption of Anti-Aging agents in the next step, “Anti-Aging face mask”, may be low
- an anti-aging face mask
- massage (this should be soothing and relaxing at the same time)
How often should men get facial treatment?
The number of time men should go for facial treatment depends on individuals. Rule of thumb: men should go for facial treatment at least once in a month.
Some men go for facial treatment 4 times in a year, translating to once every 3 months.
In summary, there is no agreed number of times men should go for facial treatment; the frequency is dependent on individuals’ goal, wants, income and other factors.
Duration of macials
The time spent on treating men’s faces depends on a lot of factors.
Common sense would let you know that men with a lot of breakouts will need more time during their facials than a man without breakouts.
This implies that time duration for men’s facials varies.
It can take as little as 10 minutes to as long as 90 minutes.