Description and Composition of Tamabiotic Capsules
Each hard gelatin capsule of Tamabiotic contains Lactic Acid bacillus 2.5 billion spores as its active pharmaceutical ingredient.
It also contains inactive ingredients called excipients in sufficient quantities.
Pharmacological Action of Tamabiotic
Lactobacilfus (LAB) is a probiotic. It is used to restore the body’s natural microbial flora within the digestive tract.
Lactobacillus helps in the breakdown of food and leads to the production of lactic acid, propionic acid, hydrogen peroxide and other by products.
This would alter the intestinal pH and make the gastro intestinal environment hostile for pathogens (virus, bacteria and fungi).
LAB restores normal bowel flora leading to inhibition of the growth of harmful bacteria & promotes water reabsorption in colon among others.
Very importantly is that it stimulates/boost host Immunity.
Indications and Uses of Tamabiotic
- Immunological protection and boosting of immune system against viral and other pathogens.
- Prevention and management of Hepatic encephalopathy
- Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)
- Diarrhea prevention and management, including viral diarrhea in children, traveler’s diarrhea, and antibiotic associated diarrhea.
- Digestion problems.
- As adjunct in eradication of Helicobacter pylori in chronic stomach ulcers.
- Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD,Crohn’s disease ,ulcerative colitis). Clostridium difficile colitis.
- Fighting growth of unwanted bacteria. Allergic disorders: dermatological and respiratory.
- Adjunct in some CNS & CVS and metabolic disorders.
This medication contains Lactobacillus. Do not take Tamabiotic if you are allergic to lactobacillus or any ingredients contained in this drug.
Interaction of Tamabiotic with Drugs
- Antibiotics are used to reduce harmful bacteria in the body. Antibiotics can also reduce friendly bacteria in the body. Lactobacillus is a type of friendly bacteria. Taking antibiotics simultaneously with lactobacillus can reduce the effectiveness of lactobacillus.
To avoid this interaction, take lactobacillus products at least 2 hours before or after antibiotics.
- Medications that decrease the immune system (immunosuppressants) interacts with lactobacillus. The immune system usually controls bacteria and yeast in the body to prevent infections Medications that depress the immune system can increase your chances of getting sick from bacteria and yeast. Some medications that decrease the immune system include azathioprine (1muran), basiliximab (Simulect), cyclospo rine (Neoral, Sandimmune), daclizumab (Zenapax), muromonab-CD3 (OKT3, Orthoclone OKT3), mycophenolate (CellCept), tacrolimus (FK506, Prograf), sirolimus (Rapamune), prednisone (Deltasone, Orasone), corticosteroids (glucocorticoids), and others.
Pregnancy and Lactation
- Lactobacillus is safe when taken by mouth appropriately while pregnant and during breastfeeding. Lactobacillus GG has been used safely in pregnant and breast-feeding women.
- The combinations of Lactobacillus rhamnosus or Lactobacillus paracasei with Bifidobacterium longum from 2 months before delivery until the breastfed infant was 2 months has been used safely. But other types of lactobacillus have not been studied during pregnancy and breast-feeding, so their safety is unknown.
Contraindications of Tamabiotic
- Lactobacillus preparations are contraindicated in persons with a hypersensitivity to lactose or milk.
- Immune-compromised patients and patients with gastro-intestinal wall perforation
Dosage and Directions for Use of Tamabiotic
Posology and Method of Administration
ADULTS: By mouth
- For hayfever: At least 2 billion colony-forming units of lactobacillus daily for 7 weeks has been used along with 10 mg of loratadine once daily for 5 weeks.
- For preventing diarrhea caused by antibiotics: Many different lactobacillus species have been studied. LAB is given in daily doses that provide 10-100 billion colony-forming units daily. Lower doses of 100 million colony-forming units have also been used. Usually treatment is started within 2 days of beginning antibiotic and continued for at least 3 days after antibiotic treatment is complete.
- For eczema (atopic dermatitis): For preventing eczema in children, lactobacillus has been given to pregnant women during the last few months of pregnancy. From 100 million to 10 Billion CFUs. It can also be taken daily for any condition associated with an increased risk for developing allergic reactions.
- For treating vaginal infections caused by bacteria (bacterial vaginosis): 1 to 4 caps depending on the severity For preventing diarrhea due to cancer treatment (chemotherapy): 1-4 caps/ day has been used twice daily during 24 weeks of chemotherapy
- For constipation: 1 cap daily of lactobacillus has been taken daily for 4-8 weeks.
- For Helicobacter pylori (H pylori) infection: Probiotic products containing 1 to 4 caps daily have been used along with triple therapy for 2 weeks before until 2 weeks after triple therapy
- For high cholesterol: Probiotic products containing 4 to 8 caps daily of lactobacillus have been used for 6-12 weeks.
- For inflamed mouth sores from cancer treatment (oral mucositis): 1-2 caps/day during chemotherapy and continuing until one week after.
- Inflammation of an artificial rectum surgically created in people with inflammatory bowel disease (pouchitis): A combination probiotic containing 1- 2 caps of lactobacillus, has been taken twice daily for up to one year.
- For rheumatoid arthritis: 1 cap daily have been used daily for 8 weeks.
- For traveler’s diarrhea: 1 cap daily starting 2 days before traveling and continuing until the end of the trip
- For ulcerative colitis: 1-4 caps daily taken twice daily for 8 weeks..
CHILDREN: By mouth
- For rotaviral diarrhea: Doses of at least 1 to 2 caps daily with good hydration
- For hay fever: 1 to 2 caps lactobacillus has been taken once daily for 12 weeks in children 7-12 years-old.
- For preventing diarrhea caused by antibiotics: 2 to 4 caps once or twice daily for up to 8 caps for treatment
- For eczema (atopic dermatitis): For treating eczema in children, 1 to 2 caps forming units of lactobacillus has been taken daily for 6-12 weeks.
- For preventing eczema: 100 million to 6 billion colony-forming units of lactobacillus daily from birth
- For colic in babies: ½ to 1 cap daily daily for up to 90 days in breast-fed and formula-fed infants.
- For traveler’s diarrhea: 1 cap daily starting 2 days before traveling and continuing until the end of the trip.
- For ulcerative colitis: 1 to 2 caps for mild to moderate.
Presentation of Tamabiotic
Tamabiotic comes as 4 x 7 Capsules in Blister.
How to Store Tamabiotic
Store at a temperature not exceeding 30°C Protected Keep the medicine out of reach of children. And from light & moisture.
You may also be interested in how to open a pharmacy business in Nigeria.