Being a resident of Louisiana with a physical or mental ailment, you are likely going to be on the search for the best rehabilitation centers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana to go to and receive treatment. They will be curated in this blog post, so continue reading as you may find one that interests you.
Louisiana being a US state has various cities located in it, of which Baton Rouge is one of them. Baton Rouge which is the name of the city was derived from a French word meaning “Red Stick”. The city is home to the most populous parish in the state. Since 2020, it has been the second-largest city in Louisiana after New Orleans.
Baton Rouge is the 18th-most-populous state capital according to the 2020 United States Census. Just as the city is populated, the rate of physical and mental ailments keeps increasing by the day. The elderly amongst them are always likely to suffer from neurological and degenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s, Multiple sclerosis, and a host of others.
Their youths on the other hand are not free as some may be involved in incessant intake of alcohol and drugs which can have harmful effects on them if misused. As a result of all these, rehabilitation centers are been provided in every city in every state to curb and reduce the occurrence.
Depending on the type of conditions being treated, some rehabilitation centers are called addiction treatment centers, mental health clinics, nursing homes, spinal cord injury rehabilitation centers, and chiropractor centers given that they are mainly for people who are suffering from spinal cord injuries and other related neurological disorders or for anyone deep into substance abuse such as illicit drug intake, excessive alcohol intake, or other narcotics
These rehabilitation centers also get involved in different rehabilitation activities, and depending on the type of rehabilitation you need, the services can be provided to you by their professional rehabilitation counselors who enroll in a variety of rehabilitation programs to upskill their knowledge and treat their clients better. This advanced knowledge helps them to know the effects of substance abuse on individuals who are involved in it.
These centers can be found in Bridgeport and Hartford Cities in Connecticut a state in the US, as well as in Lagos and Abuja, which are states in Nigeria, a country in West Africa. Through this article, I will be bringing to light the best rehabilitation centers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Without wasting time, let’s delve straight into them. If interested, you can check out some of the ways to prevent infection recurrence.
Rehabilitation Centers in Baton Rouge
Listed below are the rehabilitation centers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, and they will be discussed briefly too. Emphasis will be made on the type of center they are, their location address, and contact information. They are as follows;
- Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital
- Sage Rehabilitation Hospital
- Recovery Center of Baton Rouge
- The Grove Recovery Center – Baton Rouge Campus
- Louisiana Health & Rehab
- Serenity Treatment Center of Louisiana
- Capitol House Nursing & Rehab Center
- St. Christopher’s Addiction Wellness Center
- Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, LLC
- Baton Rouge Comprehensive Treatment Center
- Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital
1. Baton Rouge Rehab Hospital
This is a rehabilitation center in Westminster, Louisiana. Baton Rouge Rehabilitation Hospital is a Joint Commission-accredited inpatient physical rehabilitation hospital that offers comprehensive neurology-based inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. BRRH is designed with patient care and family support in mind.
Their 86,000-square-foot freestanding hospital has easy parking and a quiet setting with ponds in front for patients and families to enjoy. Offering the latest rehabilitative technology, they serve patients throughout Baton Rouge and the surrounding areas. Their specialty-trained, dedicated staff is committed to providing the highest quality of care for all their patients’ needs, whether they are physical, social, or emotional.
The services they offer are; Inpatient Physical Rehabilitation, Outpatient Physical Rehabilitation, Interventional Pain Management, Advanced Technology and treatments, Counseling Services, and a Day Program.
Location Address -8595 United Plaza Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, United States
Contact – 2259270567
2. Sage Rehabilitation Hospital
This is a rehabilitation center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. At Sage Rehabilitation Hospital, their team consists of many different professionals from several different disciplines. While they vary in what they treat and how they treat it, they all share one thing in common: commitment to your recovery. Physicians, nurses, internal medical doctors, dieticians, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists, and respiratory therapists, their team are more than just a team; they are a family.
The patient programs they offer are; Stroke Program, Parkinson’s Program, and Day Neuro Program. Their specialty programs comprise of the following; Cognitive Training, Dementia Program, Driving Program, Dysphagia Program, Language Therapy, Post Concussive Program, Social Work and neuropsychology, Spinal Cord Injury Program, Vision Therapy, and Wound Care Program. They also offer outpatient and inpatient services to their new patients.
Location Address – 8000 Summa Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, United States
Contact – 2259064097
3. Recovery Center of Baton Rouge
This is an addiction treatment center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Recovery Center of Baton Rouge Intensive Outpatient Program was founded in 2010 by Marcia Bannister & Rudy Troyer. Marcia and Rudy had worked extensively together in the past and wanted to create an Outpatient Program for alcohol and drug addiction that was more highly structured compared to other outpatient programs in the area and had a welcoming, family-like atmosphere.
Over the past several years, their program has evolved into gender-specific groups, highly individualized treatment plans, an optional faith-based component, professionals in recovery component, a strong emphasis on family therapy, a 12-step-based recovery, and an intense psychotherapy component that allows patients to identify and began to address both issues underlying the substance use along with co-occurring mental health issues.
The Recovery Center also provides an industry-leading aftercare program that includes a weekly 90-minute process group session, monitoring of 12-step recovery involvement, peer support, and when requested by the patient, monthly reports to licensing boards or liaisons, family members, attorneys, etc.
Location Address – 673 E Airport Ave, Baton Rouge, LA 70806, United States
Contact – +12259277475
4. The Grove Recovery Center – Baton Rouge Campus
This is an addiction treatment center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. The Grove offers all levels of substance abuse treatment from Detox, Residential, Dual-Diagnosis, Intensive Outpatient, and Sober Living. Featuring both their Ascension and Baton Rouge campuses, the staff at The Grove are here to help walk with you on your journey to recovery.
By treating the client holistically, and addressing the client’s medical, mental, and spiritual health, The Grove Recovery Center wants to guide you through this life-changing process. Their vision is to create a world where anyone struggling with addiction can achieve long-term recovery and freedom.
Their 3-phase approach to substance abuse treatment addresses the individual needs of each of their patients. They apply the 12-step philosophy to all aspects of life to empower their patients to successfully maintain long-term recovery. The Grove is a dual-diagnosed (co-occurring disorder) substance abuse treatment facility, treating at all levels of care along with sober living homes for both men and women
Location Address – 5311 Dijon Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70808, United States
Contact – (225) 310-2600
5. Louisiana Health & Rehab
This is a non-profit organization in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. LA Health and Rehab Center, Inc. (LHRC) is a 501(C) 3 CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities) accredited substance use disorder, mental health, homelessness, and HIV/AIDS provider. They presently operate the following programs:
- LHRC Reality House – This is a residential treatment program for pregnant women, and women and their dependent children aged 0-12.
- LHRC Life Care Center- This is the outpatient treatment center for Intensive Outpatient and Outpatient substance abuse treatment for Adults and Children.
- LHRC Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD) Screenings and Modifications to Treatment (SMT) – This is an initiative of the FASD Center for Excellence within Substance Abuse Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA), through which LHRC was one of ten providers selected nationally to implement SMT for adult populations as a pilot program.
- LHRO New Opportunities Waiver (NOW), (CCW), (LT-PCS), and (CC)- This is a combination of home and community-based services for the developmentally, intellectually, and physically impaired of all ages through the New Opportunities Waiver (NOW), Community Choice Waiver (CCW), and Long Term Personal Care Services (LT-PCS) and Children’s Choice (CC) programs.
Location Address – 2121 Wooddale Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806, United States
Contact – 225.333.2460
6. Serenity Treatment Center of Louisiana
This is an addiction treatment center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Located in beautiful Baton Rouge, Louisiana, the Serenity Treatment Center of Louisiana is a sanctuary where clients can safely and securely start on the road to a substance-free life. With two campuses, the main campus on Weymouth Drive and their Mid-City campus on South Foster Drive, they have the space to help their clients.
In support of this important journey, their expert and credentialed counselors, therapists, medical doctors, and nurses are on hand to supervise treatment in warm, comforting surroundings. The programs they offer are; Residential Treatment Programs, Inpatient and Outpatient Programs, Inpatient Substance Abuse Programs, Substance Abuse Rehabilitation, 12-step Programs, and Alcoholism Programs.
Location Address – 2325 Weymouth Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, United States
Contact – +12253618445
7. Capitol House Nursing & Rehab Center
This is a nursing home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. As a part of The Carpenter Health Network’s continuum of care, Capitol House Nursing & Rehabilitation provides specialized care according to individuals’ evolving needs. From short-term rehabilitation to long-term care, their team is available around the clock to assist with everyday needs and provides emergency support when necessary. Mid-day or midnight, their residents can rest assured that a compassionate caregiver is always nearby. At the Capitol House, staff and services focus on helping individuals maintain a high quality of life while addressing their basic and specialized needs. They provide:
- Long-term or short-term rehabilitation
- Therapy (speech, physical, occupational)
- E-stim/ultrasound therapy
- Caregiver relief
- Respiratory services/ventilator management
Putting their residents’ comfort and happiness first at all times, they take every measure possible to make their residents feel right at home. Each resident’s room includes a manual or electric hospital bed, nightstand, bedside table, and closet space or armoire with drawers. Each room shares a vanity and restroom with the adjoining room. Capitol House offers residents many other amenities as well. They are;
- Van transportation service
- Family room with a large, flat-screen TV
- Family dining room with full-size tables
- Religious services
- In-house laundry service
- Intercom, emergency call & wander guard systems
- Hydrotherapy whirlpool
- Barber & beauty salon
Location Address – 11546 Florida Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70815, United States
Contact – 225-275-0474
8. St. Christopher’s Addiction Wellness Center
This is an addiction treatment center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. St. Christopher’s Addiction Wellness Center was founded in 1998 with a vision to provide a wide spectrum of treatment services at an affordable price. They are committed to excellence and are a nationally recognized program. Their foundation is the 12-step model, utilizing the latest therapeutic strategies to treat substance use disorders, addictions, and mental health issues (co-occurring disorders) in males eighteen and older.
Additionally, St. Christopher’s offers services to support women suffering from these same issues through Intensive Outpatient Treatment, assessments, and referrals. They offer detox services to clear the mind and body, residential treatment, extended phase options, recovery homes, and sober living apartments. Additionally, they provide intensive outpatient treatment for both men and women, aftercare services, and ongoing monitoring as continued support for recovery. Family programming and support services are implemented immediately upon admission of the patient and continue throughout treatment.
Location Address – 150 Cora Dr, Baton Rouge, LA 70815, United States
Contact – 877.782.4747, 225.387.1611
9. Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, LLC
This is a nursing home in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Capital Oaks Nursing & Rehabilitation Center, LLC is conveniently located in the newly revitalized mid-city area on North Blvd., just minutes away from Baton Rouge General and numerous health care professionals’ offices. The warm and friendly atmosphere experienced here reflects the long tradition of quality care that was begun many years ago by Ted Price, a tradition based upon their belief that what counts most in a nursing facility is resident care.
They believe their staff makes a difference. Their supervisors and administrators expect more than mere technical compliance with governmental rules and regulations. They lead a team sensitive to the social and emotional needs of the residents. The services they provide are; Skilled nursing services, Social services, Respite care, Alzheimer’s and dementia care, and Hospice care. Their rehabilitation services cover the following;
- Orthopedic conditions
- Post-op rehabilitation
- Activities of daily living
- Adaptive devices
- Splints & Orthotics
- Pain and inflammation
- Sprains and strains
- Arthritic conditions
- Systemic diseases
- Swallowing disorders
- Speech and hearing disorders
The amenities their families and residents enjoy are;
- Licensed nurses and certified nursing assistants (24 hours a day, seven days a week)
- Religious services are provided in-house by various local churches
- Chaplain services – marketplace chaplains
- Laundry services
- Arts and Crafts Center
- Planned activities and social events
- Interactive resident computer system
- Dementia care unit
- Physical, speech, and occupational therapy are provided in theirr rehabilitation and fitness center
- Regular physician visits
- In-house nurse practitioner
- Regular Psychiatrist Visits
- Regular visits from trained mental health professionals
- Electronic medical records
- Hospice care
- Respite care
- Therapeutic whirlpool baths
- Private and semi-private suites
- Diets and meals monitored by a registered dietician (selected menus and special diets always available)
- Homestyle meals with soups/salads
- Transportation available
- Beautifully decorated, warm, and friendly day room
- Free internet access
- Beautifully landscaped grounds with multiple pathways
- Courtyard with gazebo, television, and elevated gardens
- Special security for wandering residents (secure care)
- Large capacity emergency generator to power the entire facility during emergencies
- Sister facilities throughout Louisiana in case of evacuation
- Medicare certified
- Medicaid Certified
- Proud supporter of LEADER (culture change)
- Member of Louisiana Nursing Home Association
- Member of the American Health Care Association
Location Address – 4100 North Blvd, Baton Rouge, LA 70806, United States
Contact – 225.387.6704
10. Baton Rouge Comprehensive Treatment Center
This is an addiction treatment center in Louisiana. Baton Rouge Comprehensive Treatment Center (CTC) offers medication-assisted treatment (MAT) to adults of all genders age 18 and older. Located in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, their outpatient opioid addiction treatment center offers medications such as methadone, as well as other options such as buprenorphine, naltrexone, and Suboxone.
Many methadone clinics only offer medication to help patients find recovery from opioid addiction. At Baton Rouge CTC, they integrate a therapeutic component into the care they provide so that their patients address the physical, emotional, and behavioral aspects of opioid addiction. The services they offer are;
- Methadone Maintenance
- Suboxone Maintenance
- Buprenorphine Maintenance
- Vivitrol Maintenance
Location Address – 11445 Reiger Rd, Baton Rouge, LA 70809, United States
Contact – +18882140020
11. Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital
This is a rehabilitation center in Baton Rouge, Louisiana. Based in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital was founded in 2005. We have a 14-bed facility for our in-patients. The professionals of Bethesda Rehabilitation Hospital care about your health. They are committed to providing a comprehensive range of outpatient and therapy services to all patients. They offer a variety of therapy programs designed to ensure your betterment. These include:
- Outpatient Therapy
- Inpatient Therapy
- Behavioral Health Treatment
- Speech Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Physical Therapy
Location Address – Baton Rouge, LA 70809, United States
Contact – +12257672034
Having gone through all these rehabilitation centers in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, you can opt to go to anyone of your choice and receive addiction treatment to recover, or get any of their related services.
- 11 Best Rehabilitation Centers in Boston, Massachusetts
- 10 Best Rehabilitation Centers in Chicago, Illinois
- Best Rehabilitation Centers In Montgomery, Alabama
- Best Rehabilitation Centers In Phoenix Arizona
- Best Rehabilitation Centers in Anchorage Alaska
- Best Rehabilitation Centers in Juneau Alaska
- Best Rehabilitation Centers in Huntsville Alabama